Lemon law is not an ordinary law; thanks to it, you can now get what you deserve. If you purchase a car, even if it is a used one, and find it difficult to spend on its repairing and maintenance over and over again, you are eligible to receive the benefits of lemon law. No doubt you first need to talk to the seller and discuss about the problems in the purchased car; if he doesn’t pay attention, you have all the rights to knock the doors of the court of law.
Here are the top ten things you didn’t know about this law:
1) Not everyone or anyone is eligible to lemon law benefits: Not all the people in this world are eligible to enjoy the benefits of this law; first of all, there are only a few countries in which it exists. Secondly, you need to meet certain requirements to be eligible for this law.
2) You need a proper lawyer to talk on behalf of you: You have to have a proper lawyer to enjoy the advantages of this law. Unless you have a good and professional attorney, forget about winning the case.
3) There are a lot of companies that have lawyers handling such cases for their clients: A lot of companies have lawyers for such cases; learn about them on internet.
4) There are ways in which you can consult the lawyers to find out if you are eligible for the benefits of this law or not: If you are unsure about your eligibility, you can always consult the attorneys before filing a case to start with the hearing procedure.
5) You must have the purchase contract with you, if you want to enjoy the benefits: You need to have the contract of purchase with you, if you want to file a case on the seller of the car.
6) You can get a new car, if you win the case: If you win in this case, you are eligible to get a brand new car, at times.
7) You can lose a lot of money, if you lose the case: You need to give fees to the lawyers; this means that you lose all that money, if you lose the case.
8) The seller needs to be present at the court on the dates of hearing: Even the seller has to be present at the court.
9) Lemon law works for used cars as well: Just because you have a used car does not mean that you are not eligible for this law.
10) Your car need not be expensive: It doesn’t matter how cheap or expensive your car is, if you are dissatisfied with the product, you can enjoy the benefits of this law.